I love tequila and the flavor that it adds to cocktails. I thought that a Paloma would be a perfect match for cranberries and grapefruit juice so I decided to make a Cranberry Sauce Paloma. I used fresh cranberry sauce from Trader Joes’s, but you could use any brand. The only thing I would watch out for in this recipe is the tartness.
The grapefruit juice and the cranberries are both tart so you may need to add some more sweetness depending on the sweetness of your cranberry sauce. You can always add agave syrup, which will add a subtle sweetness. You could have a Mexican themed night with turkey tacos and cranberry Palomas! I am thankful for this recipe and thankful for you!
- 2 ounces of Patron Anejo tequila
- 1 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1.5 tablespoons of fresh cranberry sauce (the one I used was pretty sweet from Trader Joes)
- ½ cup of ice
- ½ ounce of Grand Marnier
- top of with grapefruit soda
Garnish: Grapefruit slice, cranberries, and brown sugar for rimming the serving glass
- In a cocktail shaker add Patron Anejo tequila, grapefruit juice, cranberry sauce, Grand Mariner and ice
- Rim serving glass with brown sugar
- Pour shaken mixture into serving glass
- Top with grapefruit soda
- grapefruit slice, cranberries, and brown sugar for rimming the serving glass
Note: Feel free to add agave syrup if the drink is too tart or needs to be sweetened up.