As we transition into fall I wanted to make a cocktail that combined the last remnants of summer with a touch of fall to help everyone with the impending change. I was drinking a riff on a Daiquiri the other night at The Best Cocktail Bar in Zagreb and was inspired to create something similar.
I love, love, love cloudy apple juice and thought it would be the perfect fall addition to a classic Daiquiri but it did mean that the citrus component needed a little more kick. Luckily it’s easy to substitute lemon juice in the place of lime juice in able to give a drink a little more zing when needed. I then thought about this cocktail from a juice perspective, and thought, if there were no booze what would really take this to the next level. Immediately I thought of adding in some ginger for that herbal, spicy flavor that rounded everything out; it also worked great with the rum.
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce cloudy apple juice
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce ginger simple syrup
- 4-5 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Combine the rum, apple juice, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into cocktail glass over awesome clear ice (if you don’t have awesome ice, regular ice will suffice)
- Float bitters over top
- Garnish & Enjoy!