In preparation for Thanksgiving tomorrow I am posting this punch for you to create at home to alleviate the stress of playing bartender all day and enjoy entertaining, as you should be able to. We wanted to craft something boozy yet flavorful and other than making up a big batch of Martinez or Boulevardiers we thought that this worked best. So we used an entire bottle of elit vodka as the base and lengthened it with a bottle of sparkling wine.
To give the punch a real festive kick we created a thanksgiving simple syrup which consists of cloves, all spice, cinnamon and plum and added this to the mix. To make sure that the cocktail was balanced and delicious we finished off with some lemon juice, which really brings everything together and then some sprigs or rosemary were added to the finished concoction to make the whole thing look more thanksgiving and add aroma.
- 1 bottle of elit
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup spiced plum simple syrup or to taste
- 1 cup of mixed pitted and whole plums
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 lemons sliced
- 1 bag of ice
- Add lemon slices, ½ of the plums, and the rosemary to the punch dispenser
- Add elit, sparkling wine, lemon juice, and spiced plum simple syrup to the punch dispenser
- Add ice
- Stir mixture then add the rest of the plums
Garnish: Lemon slices and pitted plums
Yields: 15 servings (depending on glass)