This holiday season we are going to be doing a lot of smoked cocktails, mostly because they are a great way to simply add another element to a cocktail, but also because they are delicious. This is the first of many and is dubbed the Smoked Cherry Manhattan because it is a basic rendition on the classic Manhattan but we added in some Monin Tart Cherry syrup and used cherry wood in the smoking machine.
The cocktail turned out delicious even before we started experimenting further, though, the use of Gran Centenario Reposado Tequila in the place of whiskey proved to be amazing we also used some delicate La Quintinye Vermouth Royal for the sweet vermouth and added in some Angostura Bitters to balance the tart cherry syrup.
- 2 ounces Gran Centenario Reposado Tequila
- 1 ounce La Quintinye Vermouth Royal Rouge
- ¼ ounce Monin Tart Cherry syrup
- 2-3 dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail mixing glass with ice
- Stir to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish, Smoke & Enjoy!