As many of you already know I am obsessed with pineapple cocktails. Pineapple is my go to ingredient at home to make my cocktails have a more exotic flair. So, I was very excited to get the opportunity to partner with Dole Pineapple Juice to bring you this Dolightful Gimlet cocktail, which is perfect for summer. When I first started making cocktails at home five years ago I discovered Dole Pineapple Juice at my local grocery store and always made sure I had some stock on hand.
I favor this pineapple juice for a variety of reasons including:
- Accessibility: You can find Dole Pineapple Juice at most markets
- 100% Juice: The goal of Beautiful Booze is to showcase better drinking by using quality ingredients in cocktails. I like using Dole Pineapple Juice because it is 100% juice and does not have any fillers.
- Creativity: I like adding Dole Pineapple Juice to classic cocktails to take them up a notch especially when hosting friends for cocktail hour. Gimlets, Daiquiris and Margaritas are so much fun with a pineapple juice addition.
In addition, I love the idea of making a cocktail tropical by adding pineapple juice, especially in the summer. Did someone say tiki cocktails? What cocktail do you want to try with Dole Pineapple Juice?
- 1.5 ounces of Dole Pineapple Juice
- 2 ounces of gin
- 1 ounce of fresh lime
- ½ ounce of simple syrup
- Add all ingredients to the cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake cocktail then strain into a coupe glass
- Garnish with lime wheel