During the holiday season there really is only one important thing you have to have, an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! One thing I have learnt over the years when entertaining is that it’s great during small intimate events to be able to make special drinks for your companions throughout the night, but it’s even better to make a punch and let them deal with it themselves. That’s why I organized this Ugly Christmas Sweater party with a Do It Yourself Holiday Beverage Station so I could enjoy the entire evening.
Our friends all like/dislike different spirits so I decided to make an alcohol free punch with a selection of spirits around it so they can add whichever they want and can mix and match throughout the evening. This has an added benefit of allowing designated drivers to enjoy the punch throughout the evening without having to consume any alcohol.
I got together with SOLO this holiday season and put together this Holiday Beverage Station for my friends to enjoy, and you can too, by utilizing these 5 great tips:
- Do your shopping over the week/days before the event so you have plenty of time on the day and aren’t stressed or scrambling when everyone arrives.
- If you are having a large gathering it is a great idea to create a sign that explains to people how the Holiday Beverage Station works.
- To eliminate broken glassware and minimize clean up time once everyone goes home, use SOLO Cup Products for all your party needs.
- One the day of the party load up on ice bags from you local convenience store or gas station and always have more than you think you will need.
- Have plenty of food around for people to snack on throughout the evening. Cheese and meat platters are great so you don’t have to do any cooking.
- 2 parts pineapple juice (16 cups)
- 1 part pomegranate juice (8 cups)
- ½ part lime juice (4 cups)
- ½ part simple syrup (4 cups)
- You can use whichever spirits your guests would prefer but to give a good rounded selection for everyone we used Rum, Bourbon, Gin and Tequila.
- Ensure you set up in a convenient location where everyone can gather around and make their own drinks.
- Have everything in place before filling your punch vessel as it can get very heavy and difficult to move around.
- Ensure you have everything e.g. spirits, SOLO Squared Cups, ice and garnishes.
- Combine pineapple juice, pomegranate juice, lime juice and simple syrups in your punch vessel.
- As the guests begin to arrive, add ice to the mix and stir to chill and combine concoction.
- Enjoy your evening!
- Pomegranate seeds
- Rosemary sprigs
- Pineapple slices
This blog post was sponsored by SOLO Cup