Today I made a tasty Margarita that is so fresh it will make you think of summer. This would be really pretty in a clear punch bowl served at a fun taco party! The cilantro and cucumber pair well together and also invite a refreshing flavor to the tequila. Farmer’s markets are starting and I know cucumbers are a big participant; so this would be lovely made with some locally sourced cucumbers.
I also like to make this drink when I have a bunch of left over cilantro. I tend to get a bunch of cilantro at the grocery store and never seem to use it all. Then it goes bad in the refrigerator and I am mad. This Margarita is the solution to extra cilantro or your next outdoor party. What could be better than a fresh cucumber and cilantro Margarita? Not much! I am serving this with a taco bar this weekend! Cheers!
- 1.5 ounces of tequila
- 2 limes, juiced
- 7 cilantro sprigs (2 sprigs for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro syrup *
- ½ cup of ice
- 6 cucumber ribbons (2 for garnish)
- ½ orange, juiced
Garnish: Cilantro and cucumber
- In a cocktail shaker add tequila, limes, cilantro sprigs, cucumber ribbons, cilantro syrup, ice and orange juice
- Shake until mixed and chilled
- Pour mixture into serving glass
*Recipe: Cilantro Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of packed cilantro
- In a sauce pan combine sugar, water, and cilantro.
- Let it boil for until sugar dissolves
- Strain mixture and let it cool