The Cranberry Ginger Paloma is nothing like your ordinary Paloma because we wanted to make something festive and delicious so we added in some cranberry and cinnamon but the big kick is the spice from the Bundaberg Ginger Beer. The original base of tequila, grapefruit and salt are all there but the festive additions still keep this delicious cocktail balanced and using agave nectar to sweeten it a little makes it a cocktail anyone can enjoy at any time.
What I loved about Bundaberg Brewed Drinks when I was reading through their page was that they have been running as a family owned business since the 1960’s and they even planted their own ginger fields in 2004 to ensure consistency. They grind up all the dried ginger root then mix it with water and cane sugar from Queensland, Australia where they are located and left to ferment for a few days. The “Wort” as this mixture is called, is then course filtered to get out all the bits you don’t want but it allows through some of the smaller particles that add character to the final beverage. The family started international exports in 1987 but it was in 2004 that Bundaberg Brews really kicked off around the globe with distribution to over 44 countries.
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup
- Top with Bundaberg Ginger Beer (approx. 2 ounces)
- Rim a hiball glass with salt and cinnamon
- Combine tequila, cranberry juice, grapefruit juice and agave syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain into a hiball glass over fresh ice
- Top with Bundaberg Ginger Beer
- Garnish & Enjoy!