This week is all about tequila drinks! Not the typical tequila drinks. I am showcasing “feel good” tequila drinks. These are drinks made with fresh ingredients including fresh squeezed juices and “somewhat” healthy ingredients. I believe that using the best ingredients you can find in cocktails makes them shine.
I found that always using fresh squeezed juices especially in my Margaritas makes a huge difference not only in calories and sugar but also in taste. Not only do they taste better but they also make us feel better. This especially goes for those morning hangovers. Better ingredients equal better cocktails. So, lets start squeezing some limes and make this tasty Margarita.
- 3 ounces of Patrón Añejo
- 1 blood orange, juiced
- 6 ounces of coconut water
- ½ tablespoon of agave
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup of ice
Garnish: 2 blood orange slices and shredded coconut
- In a mixing glass combine tequila, coconut water, blood orange juice, lime juice and agave
- Stir mixture
- Rim the serving glasses with shredded coconut
- Fill each serving glass with ice
- Divide tequila mixture into the 2 serving glasses
- Garnish with blood orange slices and shredded coconut