For our first recipe of 2019, here is a simple low-abv cocktail that you can feel good about consuming after all those silly New Year’s resolutions. When I was shooting cocktails in my Nan’s garage in December I knew we needed to come up with some cocktails like this, as January is a time for simple cocktails.
I am still coming down off my rum high, after visiting Barbados and learning all about how amazing rum truly can be and wanted to pump out some rum cocktails before I head to Mexico next week where I’m sure tequila and mezcal will dominate. I started off thinking about an easy variation on the classic Spritz, though aside from the fact that there are bubbles, there isn’t much left that can associate the two drinks.
- 1.5 ounces white rum (Plantation 3 Stars)
- ½ ounce Monin Pomegranate
- Sparkling coconut water (to top)
- In a hi-ball glass, combine rum and Monin pomegranate
- Top with sparkling coconut water
- Garnish & Enjoy!