I have a new obsession and it’s called pink peppercorns. I am in love with all kinds of peppers especially when they are present in my cocktail! I cannot get enough of the spicy and fiery flavor of fresh and dried peppers alike.
Pink peppercorns are appealing to me because they have a delicate peppery taste that does not overpower other flavor profiles. In this drink I used coconut sorbet and spiced rum which married so well with the pink peppercorns. The coconut sorbet added sweetness while the lemon added a acidic balance. This is a super easy cocktail to make because you literally throw everything in the blender and it is done! I would make a big pitcher of these on a hot day because the coconut gives you a feeling of being somewhere tropical and the peppercorns give you a sense of being somewhere fiery. Let’s mix the tropical with the fiery and see where we end up? I can’t wait to find out! Make this drink and drift far away! Cheers!
- 2 ounces of spiced rum
- ½ teaspoon pink peppercorns + a little extra for garnish
- 3 scoops of coconut sorbet (2 for drink and 1 for garnish)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup of ice
Garnish: Crushed pink peppercorns and I scoop of coconut sorbet
- Fill blender with rum, pink peppercorns, 2 scoops of coconut sorbet, lemon juice and ice.
- Blend mixture and pour into serving glass
- Garnish with 1 scoop of coconut sorbet and extra crushed pink peppercorns