I am still trying to detox from last weekend and have been craving a light wine cocktail. This cocktail contains one of my favorite summer wines; Vinho Verde. I love Vinho Verde because it has a slight bubbly effervescent that makes every sip so refreshing!
I decided to pair this lovely wine with rum, lime, and a cilantro simple syrup to elevate the flavor. This is the perfect entertaining cocktail because it is low alcohol and the cilantro simple syrup can be made ahead of time. Transform your normal Daiquiri with the ultimate wine cocktail!
- 1.5 ounces of rum (I used Brugal Extra Dry)
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4 ounces of white wine (I used Vinho Verde)
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro syrup (See recipe below*)
- 1 cup of ice
- 3 cilantro sprigs for garnish
Garnish: Cilantro sprigs
- In a cocktail shaker add rum, lime juice, cilantro syrup and ½ cup of ice
- Shake until mixed and chilled
- Add ½ cup of ice to serving glass
- Strain mixture into serving glass and top off with white wine
*Recipe: Cilantro Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of packed cilantro
- In a sauce pan combine sugar, water and cilantro.
- Let it boil for until sugar dissolves
- Strain mixture and let it cool