The recipe today includes my all time favorite drink Cheerwine! Cheerwine is a soft drink born out of North Carolina and it is so tasty. As a child I loved this drink and now having moved to various places it can be hard to find! This soft drink has a cult following in North Carolina.
The name Cheerwine also makes me really happy because what other non-alcoholic drink is named Cheerwine! I would say that Cheerwine is a cross between Dr. Pepper and cherry coke. In this recipe I added some vanilla bean and bourbon, which is the perfect combination. One of my favorite things to use is a vanilla bean paste it takes away the hassle of having to scrape the whole vanilla beans for their seeds. Let’s celebrate North Carolina and Bourbon with this fun drink!
- 3 ounces of bourbon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup of ice
- top of with Cheerwine
Garnish: lime slices
- Fill a metal shaker with bourbon, vanilla paste, and lime juice
- Shake mixture then add 1 cup of ice
- Divide mixture into serving glass and top off with Cheerwine
- Garnish cocktail with lime slices
Yields: 2 servings