Holidays bring on fun and creative ways to share cocktails with family and friends why not buy one bottle of booze and make three drinks without the hassle of buying multiple bottles and ingredients. For this project I have partnered with 3 Howls Distillery based out of Seattle, WA. They produce some wonderful spirits including the festive blood orange vodka which I am using for this project.
Today I chose to make a spin on an Old Fashioned and add some cardamon flavor to make it a little more spicy. I used cardamon because the blood orange vodka has balanced undertones of spicy which the cardamon compliments wonderfully. This would be the perfect pre dinner cocktail and so easy to prepare. Make the simple syrup ahead of time and this cocktail will make your guest drool. Easy, fancy, and flavorful make this Old Fashioned the perfect drink.
- 2 ounces of 3 Howls Blood Orange Vodka
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 1.5 teaspoons of cardamom simple syrup (*see recipe below)
- 2 orange slices (one for drink an one for garnish)
- ½ cup of ice
Garnish: 1 Orange slice
- In a serving glass add cardamom simple syrup and bitters; stir
- Add orange slice and muddle
- Add ice and 3 Howls Blood Orange Vodka to glass; stir
Yields: 1 serving
*Recipe: Cardamom Simple Syrup Ingredients 1 cup of water 1 cup of sugar 8 crushed cardamom pods Instructions: In a saucepan combine sugar, water and cardamom pods. Let it boil for until sugar dissolves Strain mixture and let it cool Extra syrup may be stored in a glass container for up to a week.