I initially created this cocktail for Christmas as you may have noticed but I decided it is still delicious to imbibe all year round. Another seasonal cocktail I love enjoying on cold evenings is a Mexican Hot Chocolate version of this treat and today I am kicking it up a notch with some candy canes and vanilla beans. I love adding some additional flavor to the eggnog because it elevates the flavor and adds a festive twist. This drink could also be served as a eggnog punch to serve at a party. Cheers!
- 1.5 ounces of spiced rum
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup of ice
- 1 tablespoon of candy cane simple syrup (*recipe below)
Garnish: Whip cream and crushed candy canes
- In a large glass add rum, vanilla bean paste and candy cane simple syrup.
- Stir mixture until all ingredients are combined
- Add ice to serving glass
- Pour mixture into serving glass
*Recipe: Candy Cane simple syrup Ingredients 1 cup of water 1 cup of sugar 1 candy cane crushed Instructions: In a saucepan combine sugar, water, and candy cane. Let it boil for until sugar dissolves Strain mixture and let it cool Extra syrup may be stored in a glass container for up to a week.