I’ve always tried to keep Beautiful Booze as unique as possible and when I met with the team from Pure Scot they told me their primary focus was individuality so I knew it was a good fit. Distilled in the lowland Bladnoch Distillery in southwest Scotland where they have been distilling whisky since 1817.
The cocktail today is a variation on the classic Penicillin cocktail first crated in 2005 at Milk & Honey in NYC and is one of my favorite whisky cocktails. After a quick browse through the profile of the Pure Scot Whisky the flavors that really stood out were honeyed fruit, ginger marmalade and a hint of smoke so I immediately thought of the Penicillin. It came together deliciously with a little lemon juice to bring beautiful balance to the final concoction.
I was really inspired by the branding also, which depicts itself as a whisky for anyone who has the courage to be themselves and push boundaries. For people who are not told by others what life to lead or which Scotch whisky to choose.
- 2 ounces Pure Scot Whisky
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce ounce honey and candied ginger syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into cocktail glass over fresh ice
- Garnish with lemon slice and candied ginger
Honey and Candied Ginger syrup
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup candied ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot or pan
- Bring to the boil and stir intermittently
- Strain and Chill