I love mixing cocktails that have fresh fruit like berries in them and the Clover Club is such an amazing cocktail, I wanted to play around with it a little and bring some “fresh” flavor to this popular classic. Traditionally mixed with gin, I decided to see how an Agricole spirit would work in this delicious drink, and Cachaça Clover Club just had a great ring to it, so I gave it a try. I used fresh raspberries, so didn’t want to overdo the grenadine, so with only a dash of grenadine I grabbed my simple syrup, from the Master of Mixes Cocktail Essentials line, and was able to bring a perfect balance to this cocktail.
The Cachaça added great complexity to the cocktail and with the earthier notes I was able to play around more with fresher ingredients. I love the ease of using Master of Mixes syrups to create scratch quality cocktails at home. Plus, their products can be found right in the grocery store along with the citrus and raspberries that go in this Clover Club.
- 1.5 ounces Cachaça
- 1 ounce Lemon Juice
- ½ ounce Master of Mixes Simple Syrup
- ¼ ounce Grenadine
- 5 Raspberries
- 1 Egg White
- In a cocktail shaker, add simple syrup and raspberries
- Muddle raspberries to extract flavor and color
- Add Cachaça, lemon juice, grenadine, egg white and ice to the cocktail shaker
- Shake hard for approximately 30 seconds to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain out ice
- Shake again for approximately 30 seconds to further emulsify ingredients
- Double strain into a coupe
- Garnish & Enjoy!