Sponsored by Korbel Msg4 21+
What are everyone’s go-to brunch cocktails?
Since we are all drinking at home I am excited to partner with Korbel California Champagne, to bring y’all some bubbly sips & brunchy bites.
Bubbly Blood Mary
I’m kicking everything off with this NEXT LEVEL Bubbly Bloody Mary! YES, you heard me right! I made tomato water & topped it off with Korbel Brut for the perfect twist on the classic. This cocktail is also a great low-ABV option. You know you want to try it!
- 3 ounces of tomato water
- 4 ounces Korbel Brut
- Add tomato water to a coupe glass
- Top with Korbel Brut Champagne
- Garnish with olive and cherry tomatoes
Tomato Water (Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit)
- 1 1/2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes (about 3)
- ½ cup fresh mint
- ½ cup basil
- ½ cup blood orange juice
- 1 lemongrass stalk, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- Line a fine-mesh sieve with cheesecloth; set over a large bowl. Pulse tomatoes, mint, lemongrass and salt in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to prepared sieve. Cover and chill at least 12 hours. (Do not stir or press on solids, or tomato water will be cloudy). Discard solids; cover tomato water and chill.
Korbel Honey Grapefruit Mimosa
Bubbly Rosé MIMOSA TIME! As we are all celebrating Brunch at home, and trying to be as sustainable as possible, I have created this Honey Grapefruit Mimosa using almost the entire grapefruit and Korbel 1882 Brut Rosé! I juiced FRESH ruby red grapefruits, and used the peel to make a candied grapefruit garnish! So delish!
- 3 ounces of fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
- ½ ounce honey syrup
- 4 ounces Korbel Brut Rosé
- Add grapefruit juice and honey syrup to flute
- Stir then top with Korbel Brut Rosé
- Garnish with candied ruby red grapefruit peel
Candied Grapefruit Peel
Ingredients: (Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit)
- 3 Ruby Red Grapefruits
- 1 cup simple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Peel grapefruit and cut into strips
- Boil peels in water, and repeat 3 times
- Drain peels then add back to the pot with 1 cup simple syrup and ½ cup water
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Take out of sugar and cool
- Dust with sugar
Strawberry Lemonade Spritz
Not sure what day it is? Every day is a good day for BRUNCH! I am sharing my Strawberry Lemonade Spritz made with Korbel 1882 Sweet Rosé to keep you dancing!
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- ¾ lemon juice
- ½ strawberry simple syrup
- 4 ounces Korbel Sweet Rosé
- Add vermouth, lemon juice and strawberry simple syrup to shaker
- Shake then strain into serving glass over ice
- Top with Korbel Sweet Rosé
- Garnish with strawberries and edible flowers
- The sauce can be made ahead of time then all you need to do is heat it up and add the eggs then bake
- I made the sauce and packaged it up with some eggs and dropped it at my friend’s door so they could have a brunch with the recipe for them to finish it off
- The sauce can also be frozen and used anytime
- *For sustainability I used the tomato pulp from the Bubbly Bloody Mary in this dish from some of the tomatoes
- This can be made for 1 or 2 people, OR you can make the sauce and freeze it and it will be enough for 2-3 brunches for 2 people
Ingredients: (Recipe adapted from Delish)
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28-oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup crumbled feta or queso fresco
- 3 ounces of prosciutto
- ½ cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup of microgreens
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and cook about 15-20 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and cook until soft, 5 minutes then add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in tomatoes and spices and season with salt and pepper.
- Let simmer to thicken slightly, 10 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to baking pan.
- Make 6 wells in the sauce then crack an egg into each well.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until egg whites are just set, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Top with feta or Queso Fresco, prosciutto, sliced cherry tomatoes and microgreens
DIY Bagel Sandwich Board
- Assorted bagels cut in half
- Cream cheese
- Cucumber, sliced
- Radish, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Soft boiled eggs
- Avocado, sliced and formed into a rose
- Arrange all ingredients on a board, then assembly bagel sandwiches as you wish
Fruit and Granola Tarts
Ingredients: (Recipe adapted from Pheebs Foods)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil for greasing muffin tin
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine oats, coconut, and cinnamon in a large bowl, set aside
- Melt coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan over a low heat
- Pour melted oil & honey over dry mixture and stir to coat well
- Place spoonful’s of the mixture into greased muffin tin, using the spoon to press in as much as possible
- Bake for around 20 minutes, checking to ensure they don’t brown too quickly
- Remove from the oven and working quickly press into the tin using the back of a spoon a second time
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tins
- Add spoonful’s of the yogurt mixture into each tart and top with desired fruits!