Today I am sharing another sour recipe! I am so obsessed with sours at the moment and wanted to share this lovely treat! This is the perfect cocktail for a happy hour or date night. The pomegranate flavor blends so well with the spiciness of the bourbon. The sweetness of the pomegranate syrup balances well with the citrus. If you are looking for a cocktail that will take your typical bourbon cocktail up a notch this one is it!
- 1.5 ounces of bourbon
- 1 ounces of pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate simple syrup
- 1 ounce of orange juice
- 1 ounce of lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup of ice
Garnish: Simple and Crisp dried orange crisp and pomegranate seeds
- Fill a cocktail shaker with bourbon, pomegranate juice, pomegranate simple syrup, orange juice, lemon juice, and egg white.
- Shake mixture then add ice
- Shake mixture for 20 seconds
- Strain into serving glass
Cheers! *Recipe: pomegranate simple syrup Ingredients 1 cup of water 1 cup of sugar 1 pomegranate (1/2 squeezed for juice and 1/2 seeds taken out) Instructions: In a saucepan combine sugar, water, and pomegranate seeds and juice. Let it boil for until sugar dissolves Strain mixture and let it cool Extra syrup may be stored in a glass container for up to a week.