The recipe today is inspired by a drink that was my childhood favorite. I love cherry coke and it’s probably no surprise that it was my favorite treat as a child. In this version I have kicked it up a notch with bourbon, vanilla, and fresh cherries.
There is something so fabulous about using fresh cherries to make a cherry coke. They bring a fresh and amazing flavor to this cocktail. The vanilla bean adds a hint of spice that corresponds with the bourbon and creates a spicy flavor profile. The coke pulls everything in this cocktail together and gives the drink a refreshing component that will leave you asking for seconds.
I used a local Seattle bourbon to spike this cherry coke called Batch 206 Barrel Raider Bourbon. This bourbon is amazing and takes this cherry coke to a whole new level. I can’t get enough of this cocktail and will continue to make it all summer or until the cherries run out! Cheers to cherries!
- 1.5 ounces of Batch 206 Barrel Raider Bourbon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or extract
- 4 pitted cherries
- 3 ounces of coke
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Fill a metal shaker with bourbon, cherries, and vanilla
- Muddle mixture then add ½ cup of ice
- Shake mixture until it is mixed and chilled
- Pour mixture into serving glass and top off with coke
- Garnish cocktail with cherries