Today we are mixing up a variation on one of my special cheat treat cocktails that I only allow myself to drink on special occasions. The Piña Colada is a classic tiki cocktail that has made waves since its conception in 1954 in Puerto Rico. It took a while to take off but once it did there were bars on sunny beaches all over the world serving up these delicious cocktails. Today I made some simple substitutions and came up with a blueberry version because I love that I can get blueberries all year round so there is no time of year I can’t make this drink. I left out the pineapple and replaced the citrus zing with some lime juice and the delicious Monin Blueberry syrup was all I needed to finish off this masterpiece.
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounces lime juice
- 1 ounce coconut cream
- ¾ ounce Monin Blueberry syrup
- Crush ice for cocktail
- Combine rum, lime juice and coconut cream in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain concoction over crushed ice in a hi-ball glass
- Float Monin Blackberry syrup over top
- Stir to blend ingredients
- Garnish & Enjoy!