Many of the cocktails originally created in the 90’s were a little unbalanced and I believe the Grasshopper is a great example of a cocktail that was amazing for the time but for todays educated cocktail connoisseurs who are chasing a more balanced cocktail I decided I wanted to modernize this delicious cocktail.
The ingredients in the original cocktail came together deliciously and it was prepared more often than not as a dessert like nightcap. In modern day people are drinking cocktails all night long and restaurants are even doing cocktail pairings with dinner so I think this version may be a better balanced option in place of dessert. I was inspired by a visit to MG Road in Asheville where they specialize in making old school disco cocktails with a modern twist.
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1/2 ounce Creme de Menthe
- 1/2 ounce Monin white chocolate syrup
- 1 ounce coconut yogurt
- 3-4 dashes angostura bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain into a hi-ball/hurricane glass over crushed ice
- Dash bitters over top
- Garnish & Enjoy!