Hey all today I wanted to share a festive spring recipe going into the weekend. Introducing the bramble cocktail which is a classic cocktail made with gin, lemon juice, sugar, and topped with Créme de Mûre which is a blackberry liqueur.
I didn’t have any blackberry liqueur and wanted to add a fresh taste to this cocktail so I opted to top this cocktail with a fresh strawberry and blackberry puree. For this puree I blended berries with a bit of lemon juice and sugar to taste then strained it. You could also use frozen berries and the best thing about making this puree is that it can be used in all kinds of cocktails like margaritas or you can use it to top your favorite ice cream. This is a perfect recipe to get a head start on fresh berry cocktails for spring. Top your weekend off with this fresh and springy gin cocktail!
- 2 ounce of gin
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 of simple syrup
- 1 ounce of sweetened berry puree
- 1 cup of crushed ice then ½ cup for shaking cocktail
Garnish: fresh strawberries and blackberries
- Make sweetened berry puree then in a shaker combine ice, gin, simple syrup, and lemon juice
- Shake then strain mixture over crushed ice
- top with sweetened berry puree