My obsession with Aperol continues with this delicious treat. This is the perfect boozy frozen adult pleasure. How could an Aperol Spritz in the form of adult shaved ice not be your favorite go to beverage? Prosecco, Aperol, and lemon reign in this tasty treat and it only gets better as the weather heats up. I have to say that I have never made a granita because every time I saw one on recipe website they looked really complicated. Let me tell you that this is as easy to make as southern grits. Yes there is waiting involved and yes there is stirring involved but what of good quality has come easy? Waiting is the best part because at the end of it you have a lovely boozy adult shaved ice spiked with Aperol and Prosecco! Make this icy and sparkly Aperol spritz granita this weekend and your life will love you!
- 1 cup of Aperol
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 mandarin oranges, juiced
- 1 cup of Prosecco
Garnish: lemon slice
- Stir together Aperol, lemon juice, mandarin orange juice, and Prosecco
- Pour mixture into a shallow dish and place in the freezer
- After 30 minutes take mixture out of the freezer and stir with a fork
- Stake mixture out of the freezer and scrape using a fork every 30 minutes for about 2 hours or until the mixture looks like adult shaved ice
- Place ice mixture into serving glass and garnish with lemons.