Bar Convent Berlin was a hit once again this year, and one of the activations that were running at full speed from open to close was the House of Angostura. We are always super excited to partner with Amaro di Angostura, to create unique cocktail recipes because it is one of our favorite Amari to mix with. This time we mixed up a delicious sour cocktail variation, that combines a well-rounded VSOP cognac with the Amaro, which really brings the caramel and cardamom notes to the forefront, with slightly lingering anise. This is all balanced out, of course, with the cranberry and lemon juice, bringing it back down to earth. Finally, to round out the flavor profile and reduce the citrus and bitter notes from dominating we added a splash of orgeat to the mix. The result is a beautiful sour that sits round and elegant on your palate with every taste.
- 1 ounce Amaro di Angostura
- 1 ounce VSOP cognac
- ¾ ounce cranberry juice
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce orgeat
- 1 egg white
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine all the ingredients
- Strain out the ice
- Shake hard again to further emulsify the ingredients
- Double strain into a cocktail glass
- Grate nutmeg over the cocktail
- Garnish & Enjoy!