Today I am sharing a recipe that is perfect for the holidays but can be enjoyed at any time of year. This recipe contains an unusual spirit called Chila Orchata, which is cinnamon cream rum. Just one sip of this gem makes you think of the holidays and winter cocktails.
I love mixing this spirit with the cinnamon and vanilla black tea from Trader Joes; it is a flavorful tea that compliments the rum really well. This spirit defines itself as “a unique blend of rum, real dairy cream, and a sprinkle of exotic cinnamon.” I love the cinnamon flavor and this would be a perfect addition to coffee or milk punch. Warm up with this flavorful and creamy hot toddy!
- 2 ounces of Chila Orchata Cinnamon Cream Rum
- 5 ounces of cinnamon and vanilla black tea
- ½ ounce of hot water
Garnish: Cinnamon sprinkled whip cream and cinnamon stick
- In a large mug add the tea bag and the 5 ounces of boiling water. Let the tea bag steep for 5 minutes then discard the tea bags.
- Let the tea cool.
- Add the tea, Chila Orchata Cinnamon Cream Rum and hot water to serving glass
- Stir contents until fully mixed