Mandarin Mint Julep
Posted Apr 30 | By Natalie Migliarini
Check out this cocktail with strawberries, bourbon, and beer! I love the standard mint julep but I also like playing around with different ingredients to create a new flavors. Let's call this one the "breakfast julep" because it has mandarin orange juice and will ease you on a path of mint julep day drinking. Its almost like you are having a really good spiked orange juice. The mint, orange, and bourbon are awesome together and create a small kick of flavor that sends me over the edge. I cannot get enough of this mint julep and plan on making a big batch for your next gathering! Note: If you are making this for a group you could use orange juice instead of mandarin orange juice to make things easier.
Recipe: Mandarin Mint Julep
- 1.5 ounces of bourbon
- 8 mint leaves
- 3 mandarin oranges, juiced
- mandarin orange, segmented
- 1/2 mandarin orange, segmented
- 1 cup of ice, crushed
Garnish: Mint, dried orange, and/or fresh mandarin orange segments
- In a mixing glass add bourbon, mint, mandarin orange juice, and mandarin orange segments
- Muddle mixture and add crushed ice to serving glass
- Strain mixture into serving glass
- Garnish with mint, dried orange, and/or fresh mandarin orange segments
Yields: 1 serving
This is a great drink! I tried the recipe out and everyone at the party loved it! Thanks Natalie!
BY: Marc Takeuchi on Nov 18, 2014 at 5:35pm
I need that glass! The drink in it looks pretty fantastic too. Thanks for sharing will have to try it out.
BY: katiedillman on Jun 16, 2016 at 9:41am