Grapefruit, Carrot and Orange Granita
Posted Apr 03 | By Natalie Migliarini
I have an obsession with boozy snow cones; I mean granitas! This is the perfect boozy frozen adult pleasure. It seems like a granita would be super hard to make but it’s pretty easy especially when booze is involved. Yes there is waiting involved and yes there is stirring involved but what of good quality has come easy? Waiting is the best part because at the end of it you have a lovely boozy adult shaved ice spiked with vodka! What could be better than that for your boozy weekend needs?
- 1 cup of grapefruit vodka
- 1cup of grapefruit juice
- 1 cup of carrot orange juice
- 2 additional grapefruits cut in half and hollowed out
Garnish: Grapefruit Slice
- Stir together grapefruit vodka, grapefruit juice and carrot orange juice
- Pour mixture into a shallow dish and place in the freezer
- After 30 minutes take mixture out of the freezer and stir with a fork
- Take mixture out of the freezer and scrape using a fork every 3o minutes for about 2 hours or until the mixture looks like adult shaved ice
- Place ice mixture into hallowed out grapefruits and garnish with grapefruit slices.