Posted Apr 08 | By Natalie Migliarini
Over the past few years as I have travelled the world I find myself returning to Mexico quite frequently and find it becoming a second home. I love spending time with my friends in Mexico City and Tequila but one of my guilty pleasures is escaping to Oaxaca and visiting our friends there where we indulge on the amazing traditional Oaxacan food and of course mezcal. I drink so much mezcal and it is usually neat but when I drink a cocktail and find a little something missing I can usually add in some mezcal and it brings everything together. With this cocktail I started with the idea of a classic Screwdriver in mind but then things got out of hand and we ended up with this delicious concoction.
- 1.5 ounces mezcal
- 1 ounce white vermouth
- ½ ounce Monin Concentrated Vanilla
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 2-3 dashes candied orange bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass
- Garnish & Enjoy!