Posted Sep 12 | By Natalie Migliarini
As the warm weather leaves us we are beginning to think of our next adventure somewhere tropical where we can forget about the cold and just sit back and relax. In preparation for said vacation we put together this Coco Tropico cocktail with all the best ingredients we could to trick ourselves into believing we are already there. It all started, as per usual, with a visit to the grocery store where I saw a whole coconut for sale and knew it was the perfect vessel. I then went home and cut it in half; saving the coconut water inside to use in my concoction. Rum was a natural choice when considering a tropical cocktail with coconut so I grabbed that and noticed that I still had some great Monin Syrups in the cupboard next to the rum as I knew they would work great the next time I grabbed it. The Monin desert pear and coconut syrups were great in the drink and to balance everything I used some lime juice.
- 1.5 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce coconut water
- ½ ounce Monin desert pear syrup
- ½ ounce Monin coconut syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
- Lime, mint and umbrella for garnish
- Cut the coconut in half while saving the coconut water for the cocktail
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain over fresh ice into rocks glass
- Garnish & Enjoy!