Blood Orange Hot Toddy
Posted Feb 10 | By Natalie Migliarini
This blood orange hot toddy is just the cure for the cold weather we are currently experincing. The delicious blood oranges add sweetness and a beautiful color to this cocktial. This toddy also makes me think of a cinnamon orange hot tea. Drink this deliciously warming drink by the crackling fire and enjoy your boozy night! Cheers!
Recipe: Blood Orange Hot Toddy
- 3 ounces of bourbon *I used Buffalo Trace
- 2 teaspoons of agave nectar
- 1 blood orange, juiced
- 2 cinnamon orange tea bags *I used MarketSpice tea
- 12 ounces of boiling water
Garnish: Blood orange slices and cinnamon sticks
- In a large mug or tea pot add the tea bags and the 12 ounces of boiling water.
- Let the tea bags steep for 5 minutes
- discard the tea bags.
- Add the bourbon, agave nectar, and blood orange juice to the mug with the tea.
- Divide the hot toddy mixture between the two mason jars
Yields: 2 Servings